Share your favourite local walk
CPRE Bedfordshire are building a resource of short local walks to help people explore the countryside and green spaces on their doorsteps.
We would like to invite our supporters to get involved and contribute a walk – it might be a walk you discovered during lockdown, an old favourite or one that highlights a green space under threat.
What kind of walks are you looking for?
- Short – up to around three miles maximum / about an hour at average walking speed.
- Simple – easy to follow instructions, no need for lots of expensive walking kit, accessible.
- Local – share a walk you know well, tell us about the best places to grab a coffee along the route, where to stop and admire the view or how to combine with other activities to make a full day out.
Why get involved?
- We will credit all contributors (unless you would prefer to remain anonymous)
- Share your love of your local countryside or green spaces with others
What will I need to include?
- All potential contributors will be given a leaflet with lots of guidance to help them write up their walk
- You can see an example here – Discover: Mowsbury Hillfort and Putnoe Wood
If you’d like to know more please get in touch with Digital Engagement Officer, Shelly Dennison, via email@example.com