Bedfordshire is a beautiful county, with landscapes and green spaces that are enormously valued by the people who live here, yet our landscapes change, both throughout the year and over time.
Entrants are encouraged to consider the ways that Bedfordshire’s landscape, countryside and greenspaces can be seen to change, through natural or human factors.
On our 30th anniversary, it felt fitting to focus on how Bedfordshire’s landscapes change over time - a chance to consider the past, present and future of our beautiful county.
The competition is open to CPRE members and non-members, so keep a camera to hand when you’re out and about.
First prize - £100, second prize - £50 M&S vouchers. The deadline for entries is 16th October 2017.
Details for enty are as follows:
The competition entry is FREE and you may enter up to five photographs.
1. Photographs should be recent (i.e. within 24 months of the competition closing date) and taken within the county of Bedfordshire, although you do not have to be a resident of Bedfordshire to enter.
2. Photographs should be colour.
3. Photographs should be the original work of the photographer and should not be artificially edited or enhanced. Photographs taken on camera phones are eligible.
4. This competition is only open to amateur photographers. For the purposes of this competition, an amateur is defined as a person who earns less than 50% of their annual income through the sales of their photography.
5. The entry must not have previously won a photography competition, nor have been offered for sale.
6. Digital photographs should be in jpeg format, have a minimum file size of 1Mb, and maximum 10Mb (and please do not send any emails with total attachments over 10Mb).
7. Entrants must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
8. Photographers will retain copyright for their work, however, CPRE Bedfordshire maintain the right to exhibit and use images in print and online (including social media) for purposes of promoting their charitable work – photographers will be accredited accordingly.
9. All submissions must reach us by midnight on Monday 16th October 2017.
10. Submission of a photograph for the competition is taken as an agreement to abide by the above rules.